Friday, July 8, 2011

Chocolate Chip Oreo Brownie Bars!

So today, I was hanging out with a couple of friends and we had run out of things to do. We decided to bake. :-) I haven't gotten to bake in what seems like forever and if it didn't happen soon, I'm sure I'd go on baking withdrawals. After much debate and internet searching, we decided on baking this. They looked absolutely delicious and like they had more calories than I should eat in a week. 

It was actually super easy to make, especially with 4 extra hands and a mixer.

Preheat the oven at 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 pan

Start with the chocolate chip cookie dough. Your favorite recipe will do. This is the one provided by the original post. I usually go with the standard Nestle recipe, and melt the butter.

Look at Colleen mix!
Put that in a greased 9x13 pan. 

Next, layer Oreos on top of that!


And that's not all!!
After that, make a really fudgy brownie mix. We used a box and added the hot fudge topping like the recipe called for [and probably a little extra]... but a homemade recipe would be delightful as well, just a tad bit more work. That goes on top the Oreos and cookie dough... mmm
Mmmm.

That goes in the oven for 45-55 minutes at 350 degrees. And it comes out like....


So. Much. Delicious.
 I wasn't going to have any (what good would that be for the workout I did this morning!?), but the other two weren't letting me say no. It was gooey and delicious, but I probably couldn't have more than one in a night. And by in a night, I mean a hour or two. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment