Friday, January 7, 2011

Oreo Cupcakes

Today's adventure was Oreo Cupcakes. I wasn't sure how they'd turn out, so I only made half a batch with Oreos and the other half are just white cupcakes. I followed a standard vanilla cupcake recipe and then just added Oreos (about 10 for the half batch). I also frosted all of the cupcakes in an Oreo buttercream frosting. 



Recipes:
Cupcakes:
-2 1/4 c. flour
-1 1/3 c. sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
-1/2 c. butter (1 stick) -- room temp
-1 c. milk 
-1(ish) tsp vanilla extract
-2 large eggs
-20ish crushed Oreos 

I mixed the dry ingredients together. Then added the butter, milk, and vanilla and beat it together. I added the eggs and beat until it was all well blended. Mix in the crushed Oreos.
Bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees. 

Frosting:
1 c. butter
2 1/4 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbs milk
5 crushed Oreos

Beat the butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla together. I gradually added milk, until I reached my desired consistency. Then, I mixed in the crushed Oreos!




No comments:

Post a Comment